Blogs > Why Not Thrift?

Material things don't matter much to me. That is one major reason why I love to thrift. It doesn't cost much, it's an adventure and you always come away feeling good. So why not thrift?

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Being thrifty is fun


My younger sisters and I at my mom's second wedding. From left to right, are my younger sisters Mary, Kelly, Amy, myself and my mom. On this particular day, we all knew exactly what to wear.
 ***
As the oldest of five children, nice clothes were hard to come by when I was growing up.
It was especially difficult because I had three sisters and a mother who all wore the same size. That meant if you bought a new sweater, chances were one of your siblings or your mother would find it and wear it before you.
It's not that I minded sharing.
It's just that I hated not being able to find something of mine when I wanted to wear it.
My sister Kelly got so angry one time she took every piece of clothing she owned and put it on a numbered hanger. If something was missing, she knew exactly what it was. I think I still have one of her numbered hangers in my closet 25 years later. It always makes me laugh.
That's how I got started in thrifting.
Because clothes were limited, you had to have a knack for putting an outfit together on a very limited budget.
It's the way I grew up and it's the way I still am today.
In this new blog I've created, I'll share with you my thrifty finds, my top places to shops, hot outfits, trends and more.
If you are not thrifty now, I hope you will by the time you have read a few of my blogs.
Thanks for joining me on this adventure.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home