Blogs > Why Not Thrift?

Material things don't matter much to me. That is one major reason why I love to thrift. It doesn't cost much, it's an adventure and you always come away feeling good. So why not thrift?

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Head to toe in thrift finds

What a find! Banana Republic sandals for $3.99.
 ***

While piecing together an outfit this morning, I realized everything I put on came from various thrift stores.
Let's start with my Banana Republic sandals which I paid $3.99 for. They are cute, patent leather and red. I just recently started shopping for shoes at thrift stores. In the past, I skipped right by the shoe aisles because I was simply scared of what I would find. I know myself, I wear my shoes until they are basically falling apart. I just figured the shoe aisle at a thrift store was like a cemetery for old shoes.
Then one day, I took a chance and walked down the aisle (really living on the edge, right)?
These were the first pair of shoes I found. They were barely worn and seemed almost brand new. I don't shop at Banana Republic regularly because I can't afford it so when I saw the brand, I put them right in my cart.
I've worn them several times since I've purchased them. The heel isn't very high so they are super comfortable.
I paid $2.99 for the gray Gap skirt I have on. It fits me perfectly. I like shopping for skirts at thrift stores because there is usually a good variety. I don't always shop for solid colors because I figure those are the skirts that are probably worn the most. In my experience, patterned skirts are usually less worn.
I'm glad I took a chance on this basic, solid, A-line classic.
It's cotton so I was able to throw it in the wash and easily iron it. It looks brand new.
Most of the skirts I buy are lined so I have to dry clean them. Often, it costs me more to dry clean the skirts than to buy them.
My short-sleeved, pink and white, abstract, colorful top is from Limited. It's well made with a zipper on the side. It too fits perfectly. I paid $3.99 for it. It's small so it's a little tight, but the entire outfit matched so I'm wearing it (at least for today).
My little sister would kill me for admitting this, but my entire outfit head to toe cost a little over $10.
So please don't use the excuse with me, you can't dress nice because you can't afford the clothes.
It's possible.
My outfit today proves it.









Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home