Blogs > Why Not Thrift?

Material things don't matter much to me. That is one major reason why I love to thrift. It doesn't cost much, it's an adventure and you always come away feeling good. So why not thrift?

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Unique Thrift Find: Diane von Furstenberg dress



***
In my weekly trip to Unique Thrift on half-price Monday, I scored the best deal in all of my years of thrifting.
I found a Diane von Furstenberg designer dress for $24.50 with the tag still on it.
It was on the new clothes rack which I rarely look at because there is such a variety of sizes on there. When I found it, I couldn't believe it. The original Unique Thrift price was $49.00. That's actually a high price for an item at the thrift store.
Even though the dress was small and there was no where to try it on, I put it right in my cart.
When I got home, I tried it on. It's a little tight, but by the end of the summer I should be able to fit into it.
Since the tag was still on it, I was able to get the style number and search for it on the Internet to find out just how much the dress possibly could be worth.
On E-Bay, the exact same dress was selling for over $150.00. On www.dvf.com, the official Diane von Furstenberg website, I couldn't find the exact dress, but prices ranged from $300 for an item on sale to over $550 for a new arrival.
The dress is sitting in my closet with the tag still on it.
I can't wait to wear it.
The score makes me want to thrift that much more.

- Theresa Neuhoff Audia





Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rose O'Donnell said...

Looks fabulous! I'm jealous.

May 21, 2014 at 4:08 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home