Blogs > Why Not Thrift?

Material things don't matter much to me. That is one major reason why I love to thrift. It doesn't cost much, it's an adventure and you always come away feeling good. So why not thrift?

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Confidence is key when putting outfits together

It's safe to say, my love of fashion began at an early age. Here's me at my childhood home on W. 22nd street in Lorain, Ohio all decked out from head to toe in my new Easter outfit.    

***
This is one of my most favorite pictures from my childhood.
As the oldest of five children, it's safe to say my parents took a lot of time with me when I was growing up. That's obvious in this fabulous head-to-toe Easter ensemble they dressed me up in. This black and white photo which is over 40 years old was taken on the porch of my childhood home in Lorain on W. 22nd Street.
What I love most about this photo is the big smile on my face.
I must have thought I was so cool with my big sunglasses, purse, hat and fancy jacket.
How good do you feel when you are wearing an outfit that matches from head to toe? Do you take pride in looking through your closet and putting together key outfits that you can go to time after time?
A large part of looking good isn't just what you are wearing on the outside.
More importantly, it's the confidence you carry on the inside.
When you feel good inside, it shows on the outside.
It's just the same when you feel bad.
Clothes either enhance or take away from that feeling.
It doesn't matter if you get your clothes from a fancy department store or a thrift store. If the clothes are clean, pressed, up-to-date and matching, you will be just fine.
Have you ever seen someone all dressed up with a sad look on their face? Doesn't it just take away from their outfit? What about someone who is all dressed up with a big smile on their face and an air of confidence about them?
Don't you wonder where they shop or how they were able to pull off such a cool outfit?
Don't be intimidated by the latest styles and trends. As long as you look the part and carry yourself with confidence, you will appear stylish no matter if your total outfit costs $10 or $200.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home