Blogs > Why Not Thrift?

Material things don't matter much to me. That is one major reason why I love to thrift. It doesn't cost much, it's an adventure and you always come away feeling good. So why not thrift?

Monday, June 16, 2014

Who spends almost $100 at Unique Thrift on 1/2 price Monday?

You want to know who spends almost $100 at Unique Thrift on half-price Monday?
Me.
I loved every minute of it.
My receipt is pretty long. Overall, I bought 26 items which averages out to be $3.84 per item. The top item I found was a White House/Black Market dress which cost $7. Luckily, it was in my size. It looks like it's been worn once so as soon I get it dry cleaned, it will be good to go.
I think the key to getting so many good items was arriving early. The store opens at 7 a.m. and I arrived around 7:30 a.m.
The first thing I usually do is hit the jewelry counter.
I buy up all of the silver I can find. Even if it doesn't have a marking on it, I still buy it if it's tarnished. Luckily, I have a younger sister who I can share all of my silver jewelry with. I love seeing her wear something cool I've found.
I checked out the shoes, but didn't have any luck.
Next, I hit the purses. I found a vintage, black leather bag for $5. It is the perfect size to carry my I-Pad. I also found a small back, going-out, Guess purse for $5.
Ultimately, I left with two large bags full of items.
The fun will begin when I get home and start separating everything so I can throw it in the wash or take it to the dry cleaners.
A new spring wardrobe which includes a fancy dress, matching purse and jewelery?
I'll take the ensemble plus a few more items for $98.17.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home